read the brief case study about Nike (p.101 in the textbook).
- Thinking about Nike’s corporate practices, discuss your approach to starting a company that outsourced labor in order to reduce manufacturing costs.
- What decisions would you make to combine commercial objectives with social goals?
- How would you improve the impact of corporate social responsibility efforts? Provide specific company examples to support your response.
A case study is a puzzle to be solved and here is a strategy for formulating your initial post:
- Read the case study to identify the key issues and underlying issues. These issues are the principles and concepts of the course module, which apply to the situation described in the case study.
- Study the facts and focus on relevant information; the case may have extraneous information not relevant to the current module.
- Describe actions that would address or correct the situation and who should act upon what.
- Draw from experience, course readings or real-life experience.
Discuss the concepts, principles, and theories from your textbook. Cite your textbooks and cite any other sources if appropriate.