12.1 Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this week’s activities, you will be able to:
Understand the difficulties of foreign business assignments.
Articulate what a cultural intelligence (CQ) level is.
Explain why guidelines and policies for global business ethics are important.
- Apply ethics understanding acquired over the length of the course to a real-life scenario.
- Articulate whether Google was facing an ethical dilemma.
- Understand ethical relativism and ethical absolutism.
- 12.2 Action Required:
- Watch the short video in the following link and answer the questions that follows:
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
12.3 Test your Knowledge (Question):
If you were planning to do business in a culture that was opposite from your own on the cultural dimensions of “power distance” and “individualism/collectivism,” what challenges would you expect to face? How would you prepare?
- Answer the question in test your knowledge section.
Post your answer for the question in the discussion board using the discussion link below (Week 12: Interactive learning Discussion)