FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 9 in your textbook and complete the interactive module The Graduate (Links to an external site.). In addition, watch the video The Value of Critical Thinking in Daily Life (Links to an external site.) (displayed below).
One of the advantages of learning logic and critical thinking is that it can benefit all areas of one’s life. The ability to research all sides before arriving at a position on an issue, the humility to consider opposing points of view in a fair-minded way, the wisdom to evaluate the quality of reasoning for and against positions, the capacity to recognize and avoid logical fallacies, and the skill to be able to construct effective reasoning all can benefit us by helping us to arrive at positions that are most justified by the evidence (and therefore most likely to be true). These habits, when applied, can also help us to make decisions based on a more comprehensive understanding of different points of view, to better appreciate other people’s perspectives, to be more clear and persuasive in our reasoning, and to avoid making decisions that are not rationally justified. The discussion this week is designed to assist us in this process of applying critical thinking to our daily lives.
Your instructor will choose the discussion question and post it as the first post in the discussion forum. Answer all the questions in the prompt, and read any resources that are required to complete the discussion properly.
Guided Response: In addition to your original post, post a minimum of three responses for a total of at least four posts. At least two responses must be to your classmates; the third response could be to a classmate or your instructor. Be sure to post on three separate days throughout the week to promote further engagement and discussion. Each response should be a minimum of 75 words.
The Value of Logic in Life
One of the advantages of learning logic and critical thinking is that it can benefit all areas of one’s life. The ability to research all sides before arriving at a position on an issue, the humility to consider opposing points of view in a fair minded way, the wisdom to evaluate the quality of reasoning for and against decisions, the capacity to recognize and avoid logical fallacies, and the skill to be able to construct effective reasoning all can benefit one’s life by helping one to: arrive at positions that are most justified by the evidence (and therefore more likely to be true), make decisions with a more comprehensive perspective of the different points of view, better understand other people’s perspectives, be more clear and persuasive in one’s reasoning, and to avoid making decisions that are not carefully thought through and to make decisions that are rationally justified.
Reflect: This discussion will discuss specific ways in which the study of logic and critical thinking can benefit you in your personal life. Some general categories you might consider are:
- Performing at the highest level in your education
- Achieving your potential in your career
- Effectively using your time and skills
- Intelligently managing your finances
- Making responsible investments/purchases
- Not falling for scams of any kind
- Improving personal relationships
- Correcting bad habits and developing good ones
- Choosing a path in life that one finds most personally fulfillment
- Or another relevant possibility
- Present and explain at least two areas of your life that can be benefitted by using logic and critical thought (you may choose from the list above or use another area of life).
- Provide at least one specific example for each of how logic and critical thought can be applied to those areas of life (one example was given in the interactive exercise from week one, of how you could use logic to demonstrate to your boss that you deserve a raise).
- Discuss in general terms how application of these skills can contribute to the success and fulfillment in that area of life.