https://firstgrader.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x75.png 0 0 Paul https://firstgrader.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x75.png Paul2023-01-26 02:29:072023-01-26 02:29:07Length: 2-3 typed pages, double-spaced (format below) Possible Topics (Pick One): Compare and contrast two of the protagonists from our readings to this point (such as Rama and Beowulf or Beowul
Length: 2-3 typed pages, double-spaced (format below)
Possible Topics (Pick One):
- Compare and contrast two of the protagonists from our readings to this point (such as Rama and Beowulf or Beowulf and Achilles) as central heroic figures.
- Discuss the role of women (Sita should be a part of this) in The Ramayana. Compare her to another important female figure in works we have read to date (such as the Harlot, Ninsun or Ishtar, Helen, Andromache, Hecuba, Hera, Venus, Dido, or Wealhtheow).
- What is the role of prophecy in at least two of the following works: The Aeneid, The Ramayana, The Iliad, or The Epic of Gilgamesh (at least one of the works needs to be from this week’s readings)?
- Compare and contrast the invocation of The Aeneid to The Iliad. Don’t simply focus on the themes, but also investigate the style of each invocation.
- Compare and contrast the presentation of the shield of Achilles to the shield of Aeneas.
- Discuss the supernatural in The Ramayana. What role do the gods play in the work? Why might this be the case?