400 words, minimum 2 references less than 5 years,APA 7 format, (SEE UPLOAD FILE FOR DETAILS, course description, learning outcomes, etc).
Advanced Nursing Inquiry and Evidence Based Research (subject).
This course examines the progression from nursing inquiry to nursing practice under the framework of nursing theory. Students will examine the historical foundations of nursing theory and the impact of these models on nursing research. Students will examine the role of nursing research in advanced nursing practice and evaluate models used to guide evidence-based practices. The course focuses on the critical assessment of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and examines how these data are applied in the development of change initiatives in the healthcare delivery system.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Integrate theory, evidence, clinical judgment, research, and interprofessional perspectives using translational processes to improve practice and associated health outcomes for patient aggregates.
Support the ethical conduct of research and translational scholarship.
Analyze evidence for improving advanced nursing practice using critical appraisal techniques.
Report to a variety of audiences the evidence base for practice decisions, including the credibility of sources of information and the relevance to the practice problem confronted.
Translate research and other forms of knowledge to improve practice processes and outcomes.
End of Program Student Learning Outcomes (EPSLO’s)
1. Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of care to clients in diverse healthcare settings.
2. Create effective interdisciplinary organizational and systems leadership in the care of clients in diverse care settings.
3. Analyze quality initiatives to improve health outcomes across the continuous of care.
4. Apply practice guidelines to improve practice and health outcomes.
5. Relate information and communication technologies to document and improve practice health outcomes.
6. Examine the effect of legal, ethical, and regulatory processes on healthcare delivery, practice and health outcome.
7. Employ collaborative interprofessional strategies for improving client and population health outcomes.
8. Evaluate the effectiveness of clinical prevention interventions that affect individual and population based-health outcomes, perform risk assessments, add design plans or programs of care.
9. Relate knowledge of illness and disease management to providing evidence-based care to clients, communities, and vulnerable populations in an evolving healthcare delivery system