Final Paper: Applying OB to Everyday Experiences
The theories and concepts taught in this course will only contribute to your business success if you apply what you have learned in the classroom to your everyday experiences.
The objective of the diagnosis paper is to give you some practice in looking at your life through an organizational behavior lens. For this assignment, you will reflect on an experience that is associated with the topic selected during Week 6 of the class. You can write about an experience at a summer job, on a sports team, a school work group, or any other situation in which you worked with other people for the purposes of completing a collective task.
- Provide a summary of your experience.
- Provide a summary of the topic you selected during Week 6.
- Diagnose the problem using concepts you learned about the topic, particularly from the chapter reading, class discussions/exercises, discussion boards, etc.
- Outline the factors that contributed to the situation.
- What would you do differently?
- Discuss how the concepts could have helped you and/or others deal with the situation more effectively.
Please note that I am not looking for a summary of the chapter, but rather a reflection between your experience and the topic you selected. Within your paper, include terms from the chapter readings. Proper APA referencing is required including a reference page.
The paper should be between 6 and 8 pages, double-spaced in 12-point Times New Roman font.
Be prepared to discuss your paper during the last class.