In your paper, consider how you experienced each of the topics below within your team by reflecting on your team’s cohesion, conflict, roles, decision making/problem solving and leadership according to the following definitions. Incorporate information from the class readings and discussions and examples from your group experience. You will use the team stages as your foundation.
- Cohesion: The act or state of team members ticking together tightly
- Conflict: A struggle between at least two team members who perceive incompatible goals and interference from others in an attempt to achieve a specific goal.
- Roles: Sets of expectations about behavior and personal contribution in a group
- Decision making/problem solving: Choosing between alternatives/overcoming obstacles
- Leadership: Behavior or communication that influences, guides, directs or controls a group Required Elements of Reflection Paper:
- This reflection should be about your experiences in one group with which you are or recently were actively involved.
- Describe the most important insights about yourself in the group using the theories and models in this course and applying them to your insights. This assignment is not a diagnostic paper about the group; it’s about your reflections (not what you did).
- NOTE: Background information/situational context should not require more than a half page of description. Please do not use your group in this class as the subject of this paper. The paper should clearly reflect an understanding of class readings and discussions.
Required Formatting of Reflection Paper:
- These papers should be double-spaced, 12-point font, and between 1-2 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Title page with your name, the course name, the date, and instructor’s name;
- Use a minimum of 4 references (two will come from the course material)
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so you are expected NOT to use contractions in writing this assignment.
- The expectation is that you provide a robust use of the course readings. No other books besides the course eBook can be used. When using a source document, the expectation is that the information is cited and referenced with a page or paragraph number.
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page;
- Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.