In a Word document, use double-spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. This report should be 2 pages in length and include references cited in APA format.
To complete this assignment:
Identify three key topics from the course that you want to explore further. For example:
- How do various functional areas or departments individually and collectively contribute to the CSR outlook of a company?
- How can analyzing financial statements of a company help reveal its commitment toward CSR?
- How can a company become a frontrunner in making ethical choices while staying within legal restrictions?
- Apply the chosen three topics to re-evaluate the company you chose in Module One- Walmart (module one document attached for reference).
- Your re-evaluation should address one of the following considerations:
- Related to the topic, what was your first impression of the company you chose? What is your current impression of the company? How has it changed? Explain your reasoning.
- What drives the direction for the company in its sustainability efforts?
- What are the key features of the CSR efforts of the company?
- Do you believe the company has a sustainable approach to the triple bottom line?
- What are the critical financial, social responsibility, or ethical challenges facing the company in today’s global environment?
4. Based on your evaluation, justify whether the company you chose in Module One deserves praise for its commitment to CSR.
In a Word document, use double-spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. This report should be 2 pages in length and include references cited in APA format. Prompt To complete thi
Consulting Report: Walmart Name University MBA-500: Building Business Leaders Dr. Brenda Frazier August 1, 2021 Consulting Report: Walmart With 50 years in business, over 10,000 stores, and over 2.3 million associates (About Us), Walmart is a leading retail and ecommerce conglomerate, boasting themselves as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. An analysis of Walmart’s operations identified the mega-retailer is comprised of 10 functional areas (Walmart Operations Management). Walmart’s 10 functional areas work together to achieve the brand mission: To save people money so they can live better. Walmart not only sells goods and services from other manufacturers and retailers, but they also offer their own brand of many items at a lower price point. Constantly checking in on customer feedback allows Walmart to change and expand when necessary. The design of goods and services function provides Walmart with the opportunity to sell their own brands at lower costs, while the quality management function offers three different tiers of product, giving consumers a range of price points for items. The function areas of process and capacity design analyzes consumer and associate behavior to modify operations to further enhance the consumer experience. Layout design and layout strategy improves sales through product placement and helps to maintain efficiency of the placement of goods and services. Strategic location assists the company with reaching as many consumers as possible, while being located at a centralized point to dense populations. Functional human resource operations continuously recruit, keeping all levels of operations optimally staffed. Supply Chain Management leverages Walmart’s size for bargaining power with manufacturers, ensuring product is in stock and meeting consumer demands, and that the function inventory management is properly maintained. Through scheduling, Walmart minimizes losses linked to overcapacity or inefficient staffing. Finally, with maintenance of facilities, equipment, and employee training, Walmart supports its business resiliency (Walmart Operations Management). Walmart stands out from competitors by constantly growing and innovating, while staying true to their mission, to save people money so they can live better. Where else can a consumer service their car, purchase gardening supplies and groceries, conduct banking services, and get an eye exam in one stop, all while being able to shop the price point they can afford? These goods and services are offered by other retailers, but none make it quite as convenient and cost effective. Strategies of Walmart that can be applied to my current company in health and beauty products, are the design of goods and services, strategic location, and inventory management. To attract and retain consumers, we must provide products that meet the consumers’ needs, align to the consumers values, and are within the consumers’ financial reach. Offering quality products that increase in premium quality with price allows consumers across all socioeconomic classes to purchase the brand. Ensuring the product is placed strategically with retailers selling the product and that product is always available will deter consumers from seeking out a new product to try. References About us. Walmart. (n.d.). https://corporate.walmart.com/our-story. Smithson, Nathaniel (2020). Walmart’s Operational Management: 10 Strategic Decisions & Productivity. http://panmore.com/walmart-operations-management-10-decisions-areas-productivity-casestudy-analysis Walmart Mission, Vision & Values. Comparably. (2021). https://www.comparably.com/companies/walmart/mission 2019 Environmental, Social & Governance Report. Walmart. (2019). https://corporate.walmart.com/media-library/document/2019-environmental-socialgovernance-report/_proxyDocument?id=0000016c-20b5-d46a-afff-f5bdafd30000