Week 8 Assignment – Training
For this assignment, imagine again that you work for the global company you chose in your first assignment. You are in charge of improving the training and development for employees who are selected for international assignments.
Develop a 3–4 page (plus the cover page and reference page) outline of pre-departure training with a thorough description and explanation of the training programs that you suggest for improving expatriate performance.
Your assignment must address the following:
- Articulate the training needs of new expatriate employees and the components of pre-departure training that will address those needs.
- Determine the areas of emphasis and the details of the training.
- Describe how the training will improve the expatriate experience for the new assignment.
- Provide citations and references from the textbook and a minimum of two sources found on the Strayer databases at the Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Recommend training programs to improve performance throughout a multinational corporation comprised of a diverse workforce.