read the chapters in the textbook that are covered in this module and watch the video below. Your answers must reflect what you learned in those chapters and supply details from the video.
Now that you have been introduced to the functions of government in Chapter 14 and the democratic process in the U.S. in Chapter 16, watch the following two videos from the Pew Research Center about political polarization in the U.S. “How Republican and Democratic Voters Have Changed Since 1992” and “How Polarizing Is Donald Trump?“. Answer the following questions in a post of at least 150 words:
- According to the videos, how has the demographic composition of the Republican and Democratic parties changed over time?
- How have these demographic changes influenced the political views of the Republican and Democratic parties?
- In your opinion, how has the growing political polarization in the U.S. impacted the ability of the government to perform its basic functions? Do you think it has been harmful to democracy in the U.S.?
- Your answer must be written in one short, clear and coherent paragraph (at least 150 original words), i.e. it DOES NOT include the questions, names, titles and/or references. It also DOES NOT include meaningless filler statements.
- Respond to at least two (2) classmates with substantive commentary that addresses their post.
- Work must be original, so produce your own work! Your post may be checked for plagiarism.
- Write clearly for ease of reading and understanding.
- Make sure to pay attention to spelling and grammar.
- The instructor reserves the right to submit work in SafeAssign. SafeAssign reports with a similarity index of 10% or higher after quoted material and citations are excluded, will receive a grade of F (0 points).