Geriatric Depression Scale
Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
Formulate an evidence-based management plan for the frail elderly patients in the primary care setting with acute, episodic, and chronic illnesses, taking consideration of gender, culture, and ethnicity.
The purpose of this assignment is to help nurse practitioner students understand the importance of assessing cognitive functioning and mental status with valid and reliable tools.
This assignment focuses on application and interpretation of the Geriatric Depression Scale to assess symptoms of depression in a frail elderly patient.
- The student is to complete the Geriatric Depression Scale to assess symptoms of depression in a frail elderly patient. The Geriatric Depression Scale can be downloaded from The Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing https://consultgeri.org/try-this/general-assessment/issue-4
- Score the patientâ€™s responses to the 15 questions on the Geriatric Depression Scale.
- Prepare a 1 to 2 paragraph summary of the scored Geriatric Depression Scale for the patient medical record and action plan based on the patientâ€™s final score
- Discuss the findings and implications of the Geriatric Depression Scale with the patient
- Describe your area of greatest learning from completing this assignment
PLEASE INCUDE REFERENCES IN APA FORMAT