Your next formal assignment asks you to create a reflective annotated bibliography. This particular kind of bibliography asks you expand on a normal annotated bibliography by extending your thinking about a source. As practice, it might be a good idea to build a normal annotation for a source. It may be helpful to view the “How To Write An Annotated Bibliography Video” from UMUC Library.
In this discussion topic, you will write an annotation for a source on your topic. This discussion topic is designed to help you develop an understanding of how to annotate sources
1. Choose a source on your topic and create an annotation for the source. Here are some things to consider as you develop your annotation:
- The purpose of the work
- A summary of its content
- For what type of audience the work is written
- Its relevance to the topic
- Any special or unique features about the material
- The strengths, weaknesses or biases in the material
2. Keep notes on the topic for the Personal Research Narrative.
3. Please post your annotation in the discussion forum.