The research paper is of your choice as long as it covers the period that is being cover in the course. The paper will be 10 pages in length, double spaced, using 12 point font, submitted online. This should be similar to any paper you would write for other classes â€“ including a title page, an introduction, body of text, a conclusion, and references/bibliography. APA or MLA format is acceptable.
Attempt to address the following questions: Comprehensive introduction ( includes who, what, where , and when) with clear thesis statement that answers the question.
- Why is this person or event important in Modern World History?
- Does this individual or event represent an aspect that helped shape Modern World History?
- Would Modern World History be different if not for the actions of this person or the occurrence of the events? (ensure you have a solid conclusion)
Choose from the following topics:
- The Protestant Reformation
- The Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment
- The Columbian Exchange
- The Atlantic System and Africa
- Capitalism and Mercantilism
- The American, the French, and the Haitian Revolutions
- The Great War
- The Great Depression
- The Rise of Fascism and Nazism
- The Second World War
- The Cold War
- The Fall of Communism
- The Post-Cold War World
- ***** Feel free to combine some topics that go together
- ****** NO PLAGIARISM