How retailers manage the in-store shopping experience and integrate it with their overall communications program plays a significant role in the consumer buying and decision-making process.
Prepare a PowerPointÂ® presentation of at least 8 slides, excluding the title and reference slides, in which you:
- Select a retailer with which you are familiar, either a brick and mortar store or an online store.
- Explain and illustrate with photos/screenshots how retailers use the instore experience, either online or in a brick and mortar store, to reinforce their brand identity and manage the customer experience in order to lead to a purchase.
- The following topics should be addressed, with one slide per topic, with your thoughts on each summarized in the Speaker Notes:Content on the slides themselves should be limited to clear graphics and short bullet points. Each slide should have complete speaker notes (about 75 words per slide) in which you provide the language you would use to present and elaborate on the content on your slides.
- Store branding â€“how does it reflect the overall company brand?
- Store â€œexteriorâ€ (physical or online landing page) â€“ how does it engage the shopper with what is being sold?
- Store layout (physical or virtual) â€“ how easy is it for the shopper to navigate?
- Store signage â€“ how does the in-store signage connect with the overall brand?
- Store departments â€“ how connected are they in layout and merchandise display to the overall brand image?
- Store traffic design strategy â€“ what does the overall strategy appear to be to guide shoppers towards merchandise and a purchase?
- Purchase process â€“ How does the store guide shoppers towards making a final purchase?
- Summarize how the overall experience integrates with the retailerâ€™s overall marketing communications efforts
- Content on the slides themselves should be limited to clear graphics and short bullet points. Each slide should have complete speaker notes (about 75 words per slide) in which you provide the language you would use to present and elaborate on the content on your slides.
- Include a title slide and a reference slide. Citations on the slides should be restricted to sources of any graphics or charts which you import into your slides. All other citations should be included in the speaker notes.
Review the MKT 476 Week 2 Rubric to make sure that you have met all the guidelines for how your presentation will be assessed.
Format your slides using the following instructions:
- View Microsoft PowerPointÂ® Basics.
Prepare speaker notes for each slide (average 75 words per slide). To prepare your speaker notes, follow these instructions:
- View Creating Speaker Notes.
Cite at least 3 sources. Remember to cite and reference the sources of all photographs and screenshots.
Use the West Citation and Reference Generator Tool to create citations and references.