Television provides us with many interesting examples of interpersonal and neurotic behaviors. In this assignment, you will delve into the life and actions of some of your favorite television characters and analyze them using Horneyâ€™s coping strategies.Interestingly, Horneyâ€™s three coping strategies for oneâ€™s neurotic needs correlate very well with three of Adlerâ€™s different personality types:
- Horneyâ€™s moving-toward strategyâ€”Adlerâ€™s getting or leaning type
- Horneyâ€™s moving againstâ€”Adlerâ€™s ruling or dominant type
- Horneyâ€™s moving away fromâ€”Adlerâ€™s avoiding type
Using Horneyâ€™s theory of coping with neurotic needs with three different interpersonal orientations, select a TV program of your choice containing a character that Horney would identify as exhibiting neurotic behaviors. As you watch a full episode of this show, focus on this character and tally each instance of moving-toward, moving-against, and moving-away behavior. Research Horneyâ€™s theory using your textbook, the Internet, and the Argosy University online library resources. Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Discuss this characterâ€™s neurotic needs and trends.
- What do you think has happened in his/her life that has led to these behaviors?
- In addition to general life events, how has gender and culture influenced the characterâ€™s neurotic needs and behaviors?
- How do these interpersonal orientations impact the way this character interacts with others and develops relationships?
Write your initial response in 4â€“5 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources
https://firstgrader.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x75.png 0 0 Paul https://firstgrader.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x75.png Paul2021-07-19 04:07:182021-07-19 04:07:18personality psych