FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union was the first constitution written by the United States when they declared their independence. It organized the new country under a federation style government, in which the states retained sovereignty over all governmental functions that were not specifically assigned to the central government. Formally ratified by the thirteen states in 1781, by 1789 some groups in the country had come to believe that this document could not meet the needs of the nation.
This discussion forum will require you to complete the following before you can proceed with the discussion.
- Review and identify the relevant sections in Chapter 8 of your textbook.
- Read the following excerpt from the Articles of Confederation. You can also read the full text of the Avalon Project: Articles of Confederation: March 1, 1781. Your discussion will be based primarily on the Articles, but you can refer to outside sources to support your discussion. Please indicate your source. Keep in mind that Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference.
After you have completed your readings, post your answers to only ONE following questions.
- Although the Congress represented the national government, the new nation was actually governed by the state legislatures. How do the Articles of Confederation reflect where power was concentrated, and how the newly created states saw themselves in regards to the new nation that they created? Make sure you cite specific Articles that support your discussion.
- Identify any two Articles in the linked document, and explain how they limited the power of the Congress, and its ability to govern the nation.
In order to earn the full credit points for this assignment, students must discuss at least one question, and respond to a fellow student’s postings:
- Directly and completely to the question that you selected. Clearly and accurately explain your answer based on factual information contained in the readings. Make sure that all statements are supported with facts from the readings (80 points).
- Students must respond to at least one fellow student’s posting and discuss the reason(s) for their agreement or disagreement, with the arguments that are presented. You must address specific points, and support your response with facts from the readings and other sources. (20 points).
- Students can choose to respond to any posting, they do have to respond to a posting that discusses the question they addressed.
Reminder: Please make sure to comply with all Netiquette Guidelines listed in the Getting Started module.