FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
EDevelop a comprehensive 750-1,000-word early reading plan based on the following case scenario and the tasks that follow the scenario:
Amanda has just transferred to a new school. It is the middle of the school year and her new teacher is concerned about Amandaâ€™s reading skills. Her school records have not arrived from her old school, but her parents reported that her previous teacher had asked to meet with them. They moved before the meeting could occur and are not sure what was going to be addressed. English is Amandaâ€™s second language. Her parents struggle with speaking English and need an interpreter during meetings.
Amanda completed some assessments for her new teacher, who noted some skill deficits. Most of Amandaâ€™s peers recognize sight words like â€œand,â€ â€œhas,â€ â€œis,â€ â€œa,â€ â€œthe,â€ â€œwas,â€ â€œto,â€ â€œhave,â€ and â€œsaid.â€ Amanda has difficulty when she encounters these words. Amandaâ€™s oral reading is slow and labored. She often says the wrong letter sound or guesses at words. Amanda is unable to answer simple comprehension questions (e.g., main idea, main characters) after she has listened to a passage read aloud. Her teacher has scheduled a meeting with Amandaâ€™s parents to discuss the assessments.
The teacher developed the following instructional goals for Amanda:
- Given a letter or letter combination, Amanda will say the corresponding sound.
- Given a brief reading passage on her instructional level, Amanda will read the passage and be able to retell the main ideas.
- Given a CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) word prompt, Amanda will be able to say the word â€œslowlyâ€ (sounding it out) and then say it â€œfastâ€ (reading as a whole word).
- After listening to a story, Amanda will recall three or four sequenced events.
- Shown sight words, Amanda will state the word automatically.
Source: The IRIS Center for Training Enhancements, http://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu/
Research early reading strategies, including:
- Comprehension strategies
- Graphic organizers
- Independent practice
- Peer tutoring
- Repeated reading
After completing the research on these strategies, summarize the strategies including the benefits of the various strategies and specific tips for implementation.
- After summarizing each of the six possible strategies, sequence each of Amandaâ€™s instructional goals described in the case scenario in the order you would address them with her.
- For each instructional goal, identify an early reading strategy from Part One and explain why or how it will assist in achieving the instructional goal.
- Explain how you would involve Amandaâ€™s parents, and develop an activity from one of the early reading strategies that Amandaâ€™s parents can use at home.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide