FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This unit’s Assignment has two parts. First, you will be reading an article and responding to some questions related to the reciprocal nature of the client-human services professional relationship. Secondly you will look at the Code of Ethics and identify any potential ethical issues in the article.
You will submit a 2–3 page double-spaced paper which should include a cover sheet and references page where you cite the article and the Code of Ethics. These are the only two sources you will need for this Assignment. If you choose to use additional sources, you will need to cite them as well.
The paper should be written in APA format using Times New Roman, 12-point font. It should be no less than 500 words and written in paragraph format. You will need to include in-text citations and references.
As a human service professional, your daily life is filled with people and relationships. These relationships are never one sided. As a matter of fact, the client-human services professional relationship is always a reciprocal one.
Locate and read the following article:
Halstead, Richard W. (2000, January). From tragedy to triumph: counselor as companion on the hero’s journey. Counseling & Values, 44(2), 100.
After reading this article, reflect on the relationship between Steve and the counselor. Answer the following questions:
1. What are some of the things you believe that the counselor has learned from Steve? What are some of the counselor’s behaviors that may change as a result of working with Steve? Do you think that most people you come into contact with change you in some way? Explain.
2. How has Steve changed as a result of this relationship? Has Steve benefited from this relationship? Why or why not?
Ethics are defined as “a set of moral principles and perceptions about right versus wrong and the resulting philosophy of conduct that is practiced by an individual, group, profession, or culture” (Barker, 2001, p. 159). In the field of human services you will be interacting with individuals with a variety of needs within many systems. Due to the span of diversity among individuals it is important for you to become familiar with the ethical standards as set forth for human service professionals. The following Assignment will require you to find and discuss the importance of the ethical standards as developed by the National Organization of Human Services (NOHS). A code of ethics is “an explicit statement of the values, principles, and rules of a profession, regulating the conduct of its members” (Barker, 2001, p. 84).
For this part of the Assignment, please complete the following:
1. On the internet, locate the Ethical Standards for Human Service Professionals developed by the National Organization of Human Services.
2. After finding the National Organization of Human Services ethical standards website make sure to bookmark this site as you will continue to reference this website throughout your studies.
3. Based upon the article in Part A, identify one ethical issue that may lead you as a human service professional to review the ethical standards and how you can resolve any ethical concerns. Why are the National Organization of Human Service ethical standards important to follow as you begin to work with individuals, families, groups, and communities?
4. Cite the National Organization of Human Services website and the Halstead article on your reference page.