Part 1 Write 500–700 and references
Write 500-700 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In preparation for developing an instrument for conducting primary research, this discussion involves a conceptual analysis of primary research methods, both electronic and traditional. In this discussion, be sure to cover the following topics:
- Identify, define, and describe the various primary research methods, including both quantitative and qualitative research instruments.
- Discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of each, including trade-offs in choosing one method over another.
- How does the Internet impact the availability of these options?
Part 2 3-4 pages and references
In this assignment, you will develop a sample for your marketing research study for Acme Wholesaling, Inc. Review the details of the scenario company again, and complete following:
- Specify the target market population that Acme Wholesaling, Inc. should be aiming at, using demographic and psychographic variables to define who is in this market. Justify why this is the proper target population for Acme Wholesaling, Inc.
- From that target population, decide and describe the sampling method and the size of the sample you would recruit to participate in your research study.
- Choose a design for your research project that you feel will best answer the remaining research questions that are unanswered by the secondary research. Why would this design be best? The actual questions or discussion guide is not necessary at this point.
- Include a time line of activities and duration for data collection.
- How long will it take to gather the required data?
- How long will each participant be required to devote to fully participate in your project?
- Will you compensate participants for their time? Why?