I need help with a Film question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
VIEWING QUESTIONS (your observations are not to be submitted; these questions help you focus and may inspire your contributions to the discussion and then your written film analysis):
- Form: ONE single take for 138 minutes.
- Lighting: Why so many dark shots / shots in the dark?
- Development of Victoria? Why does she play along?
- Group/gang that Victoria has started to hang out with. Culture/subculture? What do they do?
- Narrative structure? It almost feels as if the movie has two parts:
- Mood of the film in the first half: Love story?
- Mood of the film in the second half: Thriller / gangster movie?
- Gangster movie? List what the incompetent “gangsters” do wrong compared to heroes in a “gangster movie”/thriller?
Characters: Victoria (title character; Sonne (guy with whom Victoria flirts); Boxer (gang leader); Blinker (one of the gang); Fuss (drunken kid)