I’m trying to learn for my Film class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
VIEWING QUESTIONS (your observations are not to be submitted; these questions help you focus and may inspire your contributions to the discussion and then your written film analysis):
- Family relations / generational challenges?
- Business culture?
- Why is the character of the father wearing costumes, disguising himself, playacting?
- Meaning of the contrast between wearing masks/playacting versus stripping naked?
- Development of the character of Ines (daughter)?
- Meaning of Ines singing Whitney Houston’s song “Greatest Love of All” (1985)? Which lines are particular relevant for our movie?
- Final scene: Ines takes her father’s fake teeth and a hat. Meaning?
- Purpose of the movie’s open end?