I’m trying to learn for my Communications class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Log 2: (100pts)
The remaining log will be based on media stories on international social welfare issues or problems. You will use (at minimum) 2 media sources that provide a report of your issue(s) of choice. Sources can include New York Times, BBC, Reuters, Washington Post, U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, MSNBC News, CNN, and so forth. International social welfare issues must be addressed in the article. All selections should be current, that is, not more than one month old.
For this log, you should write 3 typed, double-spaced pages and include the following:
(1) A summary of the article, including the name of the article and the media source
(2) A clear description of how the story is relevant to international social welfare
(3) A clear application of how two or more of the concepts covered in course materials relate to the topic of the article and demonstrate your understanding of the event. Offer a critical analysis.
(4) Incorporate in your analysis a comparison of how the story has been interpreted/ignored/differentially communicated by at least one other media source (attempt to locate a media source covering the event from a different country or different political perspective to structure your comparison).
(5) Your personal reaction to the story and/or how it is being communicated.