I’m working on a Film project and need support to help me learn.
For this assignment, you will write a paper analyzing John Carpenter’s Halloween. The paper must be at least three pages in length. To accomplish this, answer the following research question:
Who is the film’s antagonist? What does he or she represent?
Here are some possible approaches for answering the paper’s research question:
1. Social Identity Theory: you can research the outgroup of Social Identity Theory and use the film’s details to show how Michael Myers represents it.
2. The Psychoanalytic Id: you can research the Id, Ego, and Superego of Freudian Psychoanalysis and use the film’s details to show how Michael Myers represents it.
3. The Jungian Shadow Archetype: you can research the Carl Jung’s archetypes and the Shadow archetype in particular, and then use the film’s details to show how Michael Myers represents it.
4. The Threat of the Proletariat: you can research Karl Marx’s bourgeoisie and proletariat concepts and use the film’s details to show how Michael Myers represents some aspect of their conflict.
5. The Threat to Middle America/the Conservative Political Agenda: you can research the concept of Middle America and the conservative politics of the 1970s and use the film’s details to show how Michael Myers represents a threat to/critique of it.
6. Serial Killers and Kidnappers: you can research the fear of serial killers and kidnappers in 1970s America and use the film’s details to show how Michael Myers connects to it.
Your paper should:
-have a clearly defined thesis that offers a unique insight into the film’s meaning by directly answering the research question.
-provide points/topic sentences.
-include a clear, purposeful introduction and conclusion.
-use concrete details from the film to support the points/topic sentences.
-focus on at least three of the elements of drama/film, though you are encouraged to consider more elements to help you develop your analysis.
-use appropriate sources for the paper’s assignment and research question.
-contain an organizational pattern to coherently deliver the ideas
-contain transitions that move one idea to the next smoothly.
-be formatted according to MLA guidelines.
-demonstrate clear revision between early/sketch and final graded drafts.
-reach the required page length.