Suppose you are an internal investigator for a large software development company. The Human Resources Department has requested you investigate the accusations that one employee has been harassing another over both the corporate Exchange email system and Internet-based Yahoo! email.
Write a four (4) page paper in which you:
- Create an outline of the steps you would take in examining the email accusations that have been identified.
- Describe the information that can be discovered in email headers and determine how this information could potentially be used as evidence in the investigation.
- Analyze differences between forensic analysis on the corporate Exchange system and the Internet-based Yahoo! System. Use this analysis to determine the challenges that exist for an investigator when analyzing email sent from an Internet-based email system outside of the corporate network.
- Select one (1) software-based forensic tool for email analysis that you would utilize in this investigation. Describe its use, features, and how it would assist in this scenario.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Use this template APA_Template_With_Advice_(6th_Ed) .doc