FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
“Egyptian Love Poetry and Mummies” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- From the samples of Egyptian love poetry, identify one (1) or two (2) lines that you especially enjoy or find interesting, and compare this poetry to some aspect of modern life. Next, describe two (2) aspects of Egyptian mummification and the early Egyptians’ beliefs related to mummification that you find surprising or intriguing. These funerary practices were driven by certain Egyptian ideas of the afterlife; compare these to modern beliefs and practices.
- Chapter 3 (pp. 86-8), Egyptian music
- Egyptian love poetry at http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/2000egypt-love.asp and http://www.humanistictexts.org/egyptlov.htm; as in the Old Testament’s “Song of Solomon,” the terms “brother” and “sister” are terms of affection and do not refer to a biological relationship
- Chapter 3 (pp. 74-5, 86, 89-91), Egyptian mummification and beliefs about afterlife
- Egyptian mummification and burial at http://www.ancientegypt.co.uk/mummies/explore/main.html
- Atlanta Michael Carlos Museum at http://carlos.emory.edu/COLLECTION/EGYPT/egypt01.html
- Egyptologist explains mummification at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/afterlife-ancient-egypt.html