Reflect on your learning experience throughout the nursing program. Include in your reflection an analysis of your learning experience and how your experience derived from patient-nurse interactions, intra-professional and inter-professional interactions, and appreciation for the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for the profession of nursing. Make connections between the learning experience as well as content from other courses in the curriculum, past learning, life experiences, and future goals. Include in your reflection your next steps and goals as you prepare to graduate.
Include in your reflection a discussion on how you have acquired each EPSLO. Use specific examples from your clinical experiences in NUR 250 and NUR 290 to describe how you obtained each of these competencies. Make sure to adhere to HIPPA guidelines and do not divulge any sensitive and identifying patient information.
(In NUR 250 and 290, I GIVE MEDICATION AND MAKE A CARE PLAN FOR PATIENTS. I USE EVIDENCE-BASED PRATICE, FOR EXAMPLE, THE BRADEN SCALE, THE MORSE SCALE) IN 290/250 NURING CLINICAL, I WAS WORKING WITH ORTHOPEDIC PATIENTS WITH BROKEN BONES. HELP WITH ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING, I WITHNESS NURSES GIVING IV, AND STARTING A PERIPHERAL IV.)
PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES OF HOW I ATTAINED EACH EPSO FROM (1-7)
- EPSLO1: Use a caring holistic approach to provide and advocate for safe quality care for patients and families in an environment that values the uniqueness, dignity, and diversity of patients.
- EPSLO2: Apply the nursing process to make nursing judgments, substantiated with evidence to provide safe, quality patient care across the lifespan.
- EPSLO3: Use principles of management and delegation to implement plans of care with members of the intra-professional team to achieve safe, quality patient outcomes.
- EPSLO4: Demonstrate the standards of professional nursing practice and core values within an ethical and legal framework.
- EPSLO5: Apply principles of leadership and inter-professional collaboration to improve patient outcomes.
- EPSLO6: Integrate evidence-based findings and technology into the provision of patient-centered nursing care for patients.
- EPSLO7: Apply effective written communication methods related to the nursing profession.