Dissemination of Information, health and medicine homework help
If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality, and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. We are the ideal place for all your writing needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
The purpose of this discussion is to consider the role of information systems and resources in addressing emerging risks to public health.
Consider the risks of infectious diseases in recent years, including viruses, Ebola, and the resurgence of measles. To what extent are public health organizations prepared to rapidly disseminate critical information to the public and to health care providers? For your initial post in this discussion, address the following questions:
- What kinds of concerns do you have about the rapid dissemination of information on infectious diseases?
- To what extent do you believe that the government, through public health organizations, should have the right to commandeer privately owned social media tools like Twitter and Facebook to disseminate and control information about health risks or threats?
- Imagine that you are a public health official who has discovered a potentially serious infectious disease risk in your local area. What public health information dissemination tools would you prefer to have at your disposal? Explain your reasoning.
Where appropriate, cite evidence for your opinions and concerns from readings in this unit, including articles that you found on your own. The answer has to have a minimum of 250 words, APA format, and scholarly references and citation.
- Analyzes course concepts, theories, or materials correctly, using examples or supporting evidence.
- Collaborates with fellow learners, relating the discussion to relevant course concepts and extending the dialogue.
- Applies relevant professional, personal, or other real-world experiences to extend the dialogue.
- Validates position with applicable knowledge.