For this assignment, click on the attached file and read the section titled Distorted Thinking.
This reading details a list of commonly used cognitive distortions. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy teaches the individual to identify these distortions and then find alternative ways to reframe unhealthy thinking patterns.
Use your critical thinking skills to address the following:
- What if any limitations might exist with this approach?
- Does the theoretical approach make sense?
- Are their specific client populations might for which CBT might be better suited?
- Are there any of the listed cognitive distortions that you commonly use?
- Submit your comments in a 1-2 page paper. Be specific. Give examples.