250 words per question. 2 APA CITED REFERENCES. NO PLAGERISM!!!! BOOK UPLOADED BELOW.
1) John B. Watson (1878-1958), on pages 18-19, contended that individuals were born with a blank slate. Watson stated, “Give me a dozen healthy infants, well-formed, and my own specified world to bring them up in and I’ll guarantee to take any one at random and train him to become any type of specialist I might select—a doctor, lawyer, artist, merchant-chief, and yes, even into beggarman and thief, regardless of his talents penchants, tendencies, abilities, vocations, and race of his ancestors. (Watson, 1925, p.10).
1.Given what you have read, is this an accurate depiction of human capabilities?
2. Do you believe this argument could lead to the practice of discrimination?
2) Cacioppo and Freberg (2013, p. 21-22) revealed that patients with schizophrenia were a population segment subjected to research without restrictions.
1.How do these ethical and moral injustices support the need for regulation?
3) Cacioppo and Freberg (2013, pg. 33) stated “By merging our seven perspectives of mind, we stand a much better chance of tackling the remarkable problem of understanding the human mind”.
1. Do you support an integrative approach? Why or why not?
4) In chapter three, Cacioppo and Freberg (2013) discussed nature and nurture.
1. How did nature and nurture contribute to the mental development of the Romanian children (Cacioppo & Freberg, 2013, p. 10)?