- Weight: 12% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Monday, 06/29/2020 11:59 PM (CST)
For this assignment, determine an effective process to evaluate the performance of one of your employees. As you have determined that periodic evaluations can be more beneficial than annual evaluations, you will be evaluating the mid-level manager who you hired and who has now been on board for 6 months. Your process should include an appropriate evaluation tool and a means of providing feedback on the employee’s performance issues.
There are three parts to this project. You will begin by developing a performance review form that contains a minimum of 10 points of criteria. This template is a starting point and may be used as is or can be modified as you wish. The template has 10 points of criteria; however, you can add more if the specifics of the position warrant you doing so.
- Provide an explanation for each of the criteria. Remember, these should directly represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) as well as the requirements for the position.
- Develop a rating scale, and provide a legend that identifies the distinct performance rating definitions. There must be a minimum of three levels. (The template has three levels; however, you can add more.)
- Next, you will fill out your newly created form to evaluate the mid-level manager. This is, of course, based on the input of the immediate supervisor and your own assessment.
- Evaluate each criteria, and include a minimum of three criteria where the employee does not meet performance expectations.
- Summarize the employee performance appraisal in the comments section.
- Identify the employee’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Offer feedback and coaching on ways that the employee can improve his or her performance.
- Finally, you will write a one-page synopsis in which you explain the value of your evaluation process and new tool to your leadership team. Include the information below:
- how the changes will benefit the organization,
- how equal employment opportunity laws were considered, and
- strategies that leaders can use to address unmet employee performance expectations.
- Include two sources to support your explanation.
The template is only a guideline. You are encouraged to modify it as you wish, as long as it still meets all of the above listed requirements. Combine your completed template and the one-page synopsis into one document (.doc or .pdf) to upload in Blackboard. Ensure that you include a title page. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.