In this Practicum Assignment, you will develop a plan, which will serve as the road map for you to follow to attain certification.
- Analyze state restrictions or limitations for practice
- Compare PMHNP practice environments in various states
- Analyze clinical practice issues
- Create plans for passing national certification exams
To prepare for this Practicum Journal:
- Review the interactive nurse practitioner (NP) scope of practice law guide in your Learning Resources.
- Review your state regulations and a neighboring state or state in which you would like to practice.
- Reflect on how to approach relocating licensure from one state to another.
- Review certification exam requirements for PMHNPs.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper in which you do the following:
- Describe the PMHNP practice environment for your home state, highlighting restrictions or limitations for practice.
- Compare the PMHNP practice environment in your home state with a neighboring state or a state in which you would like to practice.
- Describe a professional and/or clinical practice issue a new PMHNP will need to consider and address with the certification, licensure, credentialing, or relocation process.
- Develop a checklist for passing the national certification exam, including a detailed timeline that includes academic preparation (study plan), registration, financial preparation, etc.
Reading Resources( Need 3 + References)
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.