I need an explanation for this Communications question to help me study.
There is no need to take time retyping the questions, as your responses are the most important part; however, please do mark/number which questions you are answering.
Please read the instructions for assignments carefully and take time to review your work.
And perhaps most importantly, show all of your work and/or fully explain your answers. Remember, all work should be original and in your own words and/or sources properly cited.
Complete the following questions (show/explain all work):
1. A square building is 200 meters long and 200 meters tall. Draw a picture of the square area and the range (radius) of each access point. Don’t forget to apply the number of access points in your drawing for three dimensions. Corners of the building do not have to be covered.
a. If each access point has a service radius of 100 meters, how many wireless access points would you need?
b. If each access point has a range of 50 meters, how many wireless access points would you need?
2. Create a policy for 802.11 Wi-Fi security in your wireless network at home. Please be complete and thorough with this policy. Make it a document for people in your organization to read.
3. Create a policy for 802.11 Wi-Fi security in a wireless network in a 500-employee company with a 47-access point WLAN. Please be complete and thorough with this policy. Make it a document for people in your organization to read.
4. When you set up an 802.11n (2.4GHz) wireless access point in your small business, your aggregate throughput is only about 6 Mbps.
a. List at least three possible reasons for this low throughput.
b. Using the list created in part a, describe how you would test each cause.
c. Describe what you would do if each cause proved to be the problem.
d. What recommendations would you implement to make this wireless network more reliable?
5. Referencing the book chapters, use the article Wi-Fi in plant environments: Convenience vs. risk (attached). and other online sources to answer the following questions:
a. Describe the primary differences between WEP, WPA, and WPA2 protocols.
b. Describe how algorithms enhance the security of the above protocols.