First Draft of the Project Proposal
This discussion prepares you for the submission of this unit’s assignment. Be sure to post your response early in the week so that you can obtain and provide your colleagues with the necessary feedback.
You have narrowed your topic, created concise statements regarding the focus of the project, and provided statements of rationale, as well as proposed visual displays to present your data. As you prepare for your initial meeting with the client, it is time to construct your first draft of the project proposal.
For this discussion:
- Provide a specific and descriptive short title for your proposed data review project in the subject line of your post.
- Identify a framework for your project. (Examples: For a compliance project, use the regulations; for an accrediting assessment, use the standards and site survey criteria; for implementation of a new service line, you could consider using the balanced scorecard framework.)
- Include a minimum of six current, peer-reviewed or other authoritative sources to substantiate your approach and method for the project (such as accrediting body standards, accounting principles, federal laws, or Medicare Conditions of Participation). While an annotated bibliography is neither a graded discussion nor a graded assignment, you will need to integrate sources into your proposal.
- Construct a proposal that is specific to your project. Use the Data Review Project Proposal Template linked in the Resources. Attach the file to your discussion post to present your proposal.
- Develop a leadership project management timetable with succinct timelines that reflect major milestones for the completion of your data review project. Use the Project Management Timetable linked in the Resources. Attach the file to your discussion post to present your timetable.
- Clearly state the problem, the performance indicators, and the performance measurements.
- Use the Data Review Project Proposal Template and Project Management Timetable linked in the Resources, to create a detailed outline of your proposed data review project: problem, performance indicators, performance measurements, and project management timetable. Be succinct, substantive, and specific.
- Review the Data Review Project Proposal Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
- Incorporate the client needs and the requirements for the data review project.