WRITING ASSIGNMENT TOPIC:
“Criminal Law: A Synthesis of its Meaning, Implications, and Impact on Society and the Criminal Justice System”
Write approximately 4 pages examining the topic, “Criminal Law: A Synthesis of its Meaning, Implications, and Impact on Society and the Criminal Justice System.”
Format and Set-up of the Paper This assignment must be typewritten in essay format. Points will be awarded based on the level of critical thinking and critical writing infused into the paper. Further, since the nature of this paper is reflection, it 2 is permissible to write in the first-person style of writing. However, the paper must also be written in a manner to demonstrate the student’s analytical ability.
1. How does criminal law impact the criminal justice system?
2. How would you describe criminal law and its impact on society?
3. How would you describe society’s view of criminal law and the criminal justice system?
4. Has recent highly publicized police involved shootings around the US impacted societal views about the administration of justice and the criminal justice system in general?
5. Thus far in this criminal law course, what have you learned that has surprised you the most about criminal law since starting this course?
6. If you could change something about the field of criminal law, what would it be?
7. What did you expect to learn about criminal law and individual rights before enrolling in this course?
8. What was your impression of criminal law in general before enrolling in this course? How has that changed, if at all.
9. The future of criminal law rest with what? Please explain.
10. What is a major contribution(s) you plan to make in the field of criminal justice? What has driven your desire for that specific change/contribution?