FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1: Competency to Stand Trial
Competency to Stand Trial is the assessment of an individual’s present state of mind—the time at which he or she must stand trial. A person can only be deemed not competent to stand trial after an evaluation by a forensic psychologist. It is essential to know what a competency evaluation entails, because this information is directly relevant to the psycholegal assessment questions on the comprehensive exam.
In a minimum of 300 words, respond to the following:
- Identify and discuss the issues raised in a competency hearing.
- Clarify which types of disorders can render an offender not competent to stand trial.
- Identify and describe at least three assessment instruments that are specifically used to determine an individual’s competency.
Discuss at least three other psychological tests that would be used as part of a competency evaluation, such as tests to assess personality, intellect, and/or malingering. State why these other tests are needed as part of an overall competency evaluation.
Your responses should rely upon at least three scholarly resources from the professional literature that are cited in APA format. The literature may include the Argosy University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu and .gov).
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, compare the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||