Write a paper (750-1,000 words) that compares and contrasts the domestic and global advertising strategies of a multinational corporation. Please use Nike, McDonalds or Coco-Cola. The evaluation should consider differentiation in content, message, and delivery; the universal appeal of the advertising campaign; and the effectiveness across cultures. It should also consider how consumer research and buying behavior drive successful advertising campaigns.
First, evaluate the domestic advertising strategies used by the company. Then, evaluate the global advertising strategies being used for this company/brand. What are some of the major differences noted in the strategies? Do you think it is appropriate to use a global campaign or could the advertising message be improved by adapting it for specific regions or countries? Consider the five categories discussed in the textbook entitled, “When is Globalization Appropriate?” Does this company’s global advertising campaign fit into one of the five categories presented in the textbook? If not, which of the five categories would be most suited for the company’s global campaign? (These are the 5 categories,
1. Brands or messages that can be adapted for a visual appeal, avoiding the problems of trying to translate words into dozens of languages.
2. Brands that are promoted with image campaigns that play to universal needs, values, and emotions.
3. High-tech products and new products coming to the world for the first time, not steeped in the cultural heritage of a country.
4. Products with nationalistic flavor if the country has a reputation in the field.
5. Products that appeal to a market segment with universally similar tastes, interests, needs, and values
Finally, discuss the role consumer research and buying behavior play in determining appropriate advertisement strategies. Cite specific examples from the selected company’s national and global campaigns that demonstrate how the company successfully integrates consumer research and buying behaviors into its strategies. Alternatively, if you believe this company could improve its strategies by better utilizing consumer research and analysis of buying behavior, recommend where improvement is needed and explain your position.
A minimum of three resources must be included to support your research.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is required, and is not part of the overall word count.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.