GRADING CRITERIA FOR RESEARCH PAPER
· Showsa thorough understanding of the topic
· Addressesall aspects of the task
· Showsan ability to analyze, evaluate compare and/or contrast issues and events
· Richlysupports research paper with relevant facts, examples and details
· Isa well-developed essay, consistently demonstrating a logical and clear plan oforganization
· Includesa strong introduction, main idea and conclusion
· Includesrelevant facts, examples and details that support all aspects of the task
· Thespelling, sentence structure, punctuation and grammar are accurate
· Athorough understanding of APA format
RESEARCH PAPER FORMAT:
5-6 full pages doubled spaced –APA format (cover pg, abstract, citations within text for resources used, reference page- these pages are not included in the 5-6 pg requirement) APA format pamplet can be found in the library.
12 inch font – Times New Roman Print
1 inch margins
Number your pages
Indent your paragraphs
No wide margins or triple spacing between paragraphs
· Thefront page should be head as follows:
2. Assignment Name
4. Professor’s Name
Your paper MUST be in a composition format, which means you should have:
An Introductory paragraph(s) – this will introduce the reader to your topic
(state your argument) and explain what you are going to be talking about
2. A body – this will be where you explain the issue and analyze the problem
(elaborate on your argument and provide supporting material)
The first sentence of each paragraph should state a part of your argument, the next couple of sentences should elaborate on that point and provide support for your argument, and the last sentence should restate your point and sum up the paragraph.
3. A conclusion – this will summarize everything that you have spoken about in your paper and restate your argument from the intro.
(DO NOT INTRODUCE ANY NEW THOUGHTS)
Make sure you cite any sources you use. Any questions contact me immediately.