FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Once a warrant is issued, police can search only the place specified for the items specified in the warrant. However, sometimes a warrant is not legally necessary and evidence can be introduced because the search was reasonable under the circumstances.
While on a routine patrol, Officer Jones heard screaming from within a brick-walled backyard. The officer walked over to the wall and was able to see into the yard, without standing on his toes, where he witnessed two thirteen year old boys in a fistfight. Their clothes were ripped, their eyes were swollen, and their faces were bloody with scratches. Officer Jones ran to the unlocked gate and entered the backyard, where he broke up the fight and separated the boys.
Officer Jones noticed several baggies resting on a patio table, just outside the patio door a few yards away. The officer called for the boys’ parents, walking toward the patio’s screen door.
The officer could see a white, powdery substance in the baggies as he moved past the table toward the door. A woman exited the house and immediately began explaining the baggies on the table. Jones arrested the woman for drug possession. As he put the cuffs on her, Jones patted her down and found a gun. She was already in handcuffs and no longer a threat to him when he found the weapon.
Your assignment this week is to answer the following questions:
- Officer Jones did not have a warrant at any time.
- Is the drug evidence admissible?
- What about the gun? Explain.
This individual work should include the following:
- An in-depth submission free of spelling and grammar errors.
- An essay containing a minimum of one page, typed and double-spaced.
- You will be assessed on the rationale you use in addressing the question/issue posted, and how well you justify your argument regarding this issue.
- Your response must be thought provoking, have well developed ideas and/or opinions, and should reference any supporting material from the text, lecture, or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
- You may use your text or the Internet as a reference, but remember to cite your sources.