https://firstgrader.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x75.png 0 0 Paul https://firstgrader.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x75.png Paul2022-10-19 12:19:162022-10-19 12:19:16Chapter 9 Discuss the sentencing dispositions in your jurisdiction. What are the pros and cons of each? Compare the various types of incarceration sentences. What are the similarities and differences
- Discuss the sentencing dispositions in your jurisdiction. What are the pros and cons of each?
- Compare the various types of incarceration sentences. What are the similarities and differences? Why are many jurisdictions considering the passage of mandatory sentencing laws?
- Discuss the issue of capital punishment. In your opinion, does it serve as a deterrent? What new rulings has the Supreme Court made on the legality of the death penalty?
- Why does the problem of sentencing disparity exist? Do programs exist that can reduce the disparity of sentences? If so, what are they? Should all people who commit the same crime receive the same sentence? Explain.
- What is the purpose of probation? Identify some conditions of probation and discuss the responsibilities of the probation officer.
- Discuss the procedures involved in probation revocation. What are the rights of the probationer? Is probation a privilege or a right?
- Should a convicted criminal make restitution to the victim? When is restitution inappropriate? Could it be considered a bribe?
- Should offenders be fined on the basis of the seriousness of what they did or in terms of to their ability to pay? Is it fair to base day fines on wages? Should offenders be punished more severely because they are financially successful?