SOC 315 Week 4 EEOC Case Summary and Paper
Explore the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) website to learn more about this federal agency.
Click the About EEOC tab and select Newsroom from the menu. Select a press release about an employee lawsuit published within the last six months.
Search the Internet to find at least one news item about this lawsuit, preferably from a news source in the state in which the incident occurred.
Write a 800- to 1,000-word paper that accomplishes the following: – Ensure you are finding academic support for this content
- Describe the compliance issue that led to the lawsuit. Include in your description the protected class or classes that were affected, and discuss ramifications for the organization.
- Summarize the functions of the EEOC in one paragraph.
- Explain the EEOC’s role in this lawsuit.
- Consider whether or not this lawsuit promotes social change. Provide examples to justify your reasoning.
- Compare the EEOC press release to the news item. Are there any differences in the information that is included?
- Research the company’s website to ascertain if there is a mission or value statement on diversity and inclusion. If so, comment on how the incident prompting the lawsuit aligns with the company’s stance on diversity and inclusion.
- Describe strategies you would implement if you were a senior manager of this company to ensure future compliance and inclusion in the multicultural workplace.
Cite: Ensure a minimum of 2 academic sources are present. Remember when you state content from the readings you must cite. Also, if you offer strategies, where did you obtain these ideas?