FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Mini Reflection Social Class
Answer the questions below, which ask you to reflect on the film we watched in class “People Like Us: Social Class in America.” The first hour of the film has been provided below. In the last part of this assignment, review your OpenStax Sociology book, and other online resources to learn more about how the three major sociological perspectives view stratification/social class. Please summarize your findings using one paragraph per perspective. Don’t forget to cite your book and 2 outside sources.
Write 3 pages, double spaced, 12 point font
Questions for Mini Reflection
Film- People Like Us: Social Class in America
- How does the film People like Us define class? Is it about money? Manners? Morals? Tastes? Material goods?
- Based on what you learned in class and from the film, how would you define class.
- Which group (from the film), did you most identify with? Which characteristics of that group closely mirrored your own?
- Which social class do you think you belong to? What evidence do you have? (you can think about income/wealth, education, parents status, material belongings) NOTE: I live in a middle class family in China. both of my parents graduated from university, and they are both working as manager now.
- Why is it so difficult for Americans to talk about class? Do you feel that class stratification affects our life chances (future success), Why or Why not?
- In your own words!!!Summarize how the 3 major theoretical perspectives (Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism) view stratification/social class. Which theoretical perspective do you feel most closely mirrors your own perspective on social class…Explain.
- Don’t forget to add a fourth page for citations. You will be citing the resources you used to summarize the 3 theoretical perspectives.