FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
TOPIC: Help those with and affected by dyslexia.
The first step in this final assignment will be to select a developmental topic you which you want to create an intervention program. Then, find five or more additional peer review articles. Using these articles, the information you have learned throughout this course, and the information about the chosen therapeutic model, develop an intervention program for the specific issue on which you chose to focus.
In your paper, be sure to address the following:
- Identify the topic you have chosen, and then describe the issue that will be addressed.
- Present the key points in the literature on the chosen topic: when providing the literature review, make sure to provide a concise summary of the key points. You are encouraged to synthesize the material and emphasize key findings, rather than providing a list of bullet points. Please do not summarize each reference individually, but integrate by idea and theme.
- Describe the specific intervention that you are proposing, and then explain how it will be conducted. Base your interventions on a specific systemic model (the list of models is provided in the tenth week of this course) and incorporate any diversity-related aspects that might enhance and adapt your intervention to the chosen population.
- To whom will the intervention be directed?
- What developmental issues will it address?
- What are the major components of the intervention and how are these supported by your literature review?
- How will you determine if your intervention is effective? What outcomes will you see?
Be sure to provide an APA formatted reference list that includes all resources that you use in your paper. Your reference page will have at a minimum the five additional articles you will use in addition to the texts and articles that were provided in this course.
Your final intervention paper will be graded based on its creativity, literature support, practicality (is it useable?), and clarity of writing.
Length: 10-12 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Fawcett, A. J., & Nicolson, R. I. (2004). Dyslexia Screening Test. Retrieved from http://proxy1.ncu.edu/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=mmt&AN=test.2528&site=eds-live
HANDLER, S. M. (2016). Dyslexia. Contemporary Pediatrics, 33(8), 18–23. Retrieved from http://proxy1.ncu.edu/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ccm&AN=117431107&site=eds-live
Handler, S. M. (2017). Pediatric ophthalmology role vital in detection, treatment of dyslexia: Involvement key in determining if vision problems may be interfering with learning, reading. Ophthalmology Times, 42(17), 59–62. Retrieved from http://proxy1.ncu.edu/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ccm&AN=125851525&site=eds-live
Aravena, S., Tijms, J., Snellings, P., & van der Molen, M. W. (2016). Predicting responsiveness to intervention in dyslexia using dynamic assessment. Learning and Individual Differences, 49, 209–215. https://doi-org.proxy1.ncu.edu/10.1016/j.lindif.2016.06.024
Gelbar, N. W., Bray, M., Kehle, T. J., Madaus, J. W., & Makel, C. (2018). Exploring the Nature of Compensation Strategies in Individuals With Dyslexia. Canadian Journal of School Psychology, 33(2), 110. Retrieved from http://proxy1.ncu.edu/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edb&AN=129572775&site=eds-live