FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Grandma vs. Research
Prior to completing this assignment, please read chapters 1 and 2 in your textbook, view the Endless Questions (Links to an external site.) video, and review any relevant Instructor Guidance. You may want to look specifically at the interactive media tools demonstrating information on theory which are provided in the Section 1.5 (within Module 1) of the textbook. In this assignment you will be addressing the role of theory and evidence – both scholarly and personal – and how they can be utilized in the classroom or other professional settings.
In PART I of the paper, begin by reflecting on the benefits and drawbacks of accepting advice from stories told by previous generations (i.e. “I did that with my kids and they turned out just fine.”). For example, you may have heard a grandparent suggest that you put a bit of whiskey on an infant’s gums to help with teething. Consider your own thoughts about anecdotal advice such as this and think about why it may be true in some cases, but not in others.
Then, watch the Endless Questions (Links to an external site.) video analyzing child development research and find one additional scholarly source of your choice (see tips and a link to tutorials below). Use these resources to address the following:
- Overview some of the specific research methods described in the video to study happiness. Which seemed the most effective to you and why?
- Why is it important to utilize developmental theory to explain children’s development?
- What makes scholarly research different from anecdotal evidence (personal experience) in explaining child and adolescent development?
You are required to utilize at least one (1) additional scholarly source not from this week’s required readings and submit your paper to Grammarly. You must cite (Links to an external site.) all of your sources (including the video embedded above) in proper APA style. If you are unsure how to create an APA style reference page, please visit the Reference Guide (Links to an external site.) page from the Ashford Writing Center. Aside from the video embedded in the prompt, you are to find one other scholarly through the Ashford Library website to help support your reflections in PART II. View this great tutorial (Links to an external site.) provided by the Ashford University Library which will show you how to find scholarly articles and how to assess the scholarly quality of the resource.
You must cite all of your sources in proper APA style and submit your writing to Grammarly prior to submission. Please upload your Grammarly report in addition to your assignment.
- NOTE: As you are completing your searches in the library search engines (Links to an external site.), check the boxes in the search engines of the library for scholarly, peer-reviewed sources. This allows you to find resources that have been evaluated by a number of experts in the field and do not represent just one person’s opinion.
The Grandma vs Research Paper:
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one scholarly source in addition to the course text. Be sure to integrate your sources (Links to an external site.) rather than simply inserting them.
- The Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined here (Links to an external site.) and here (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must be submitted to Grammarly