FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Short essay 1 (200-250 words)
1. Write a brief description of the heuristic and the representativeness heuristic you selected.
2. Then, describe one example in which you used the heuristic you selected and one example in which you used the representativeness heuristic and explain the outcome.
3. Finally, explain why these heuristics, rather than more controlled processes were used.
Short essay 2 (200 words)
1. Write a brief description of a recent goal you set for yourself. (Getting up early)
2. Then, describe two factors which influenced your decision to set the goal.
3. Next, elaborate on the motivational factors within your example and how these may influence controlled vs. automatic processes in pursuit of that goal.
4. Finally, explain three ways goal setting differs from goal striving.
- Course Text: Handbook of Social Psychology
- Chapter 8, “Motivation”
- Chapter 15, “Judgment and Decision Making”
- Article: Hayibor, S., & Wasielski, D. M. (2009). Effects of the use of the availability heuristic on ethical decision making in organizations.Journal of Business Ethics, 84(Suppl. 1), 151–165. Retrieved from the Walden Library using the PsycINFO database.
- Article: Lombardi, M. M., & Choplin, J. M. (2010). Anchoring and estimation of alcohol consumption: Implications for social norm interventions. Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education, 54(2), 53–71. Retrieved from the Walden Library using the PsycINFO database
- Article: Wickham, P. A. (2003). The representativeness heuristic in judgments involving entrepreneurial success and failure. Management Decision, 41(2), 156–167. Retrieved from the Walden Library using the PsycINFO database
- Social Psychology Network. (2011). Retrieved from http://www.socialpsychology.org
- Article: Haselton, M. G., Bryant, G. A., Wilke, A., Frederick, D. A., Galperin, A., Frankenhuis, W. E., & Moore, T. (2009). Adaptive rationality: An evolutionary perspective on cognitive bias. Social Cognition, 27(5), 733–7 63.