DO NOT WRITE A PAPER JUST ON BIPOLAR Follow the instructions
MUST BE MAX 10 PAGES!!!!
1. Collecting the Demographic Data: Interview the patient and obtain a thorough medication history from a patient that provides adequate information to conduct a comprehensive medication review. This information will include patient’s demographics, past and current medical history, and social history. -MAKE UP THIS PATIENT
2. Identifying the Drug Record: The drug record is a comprehensive record of the patient’s medications (prescription and nonprescription medications, herbal products, illicit drugs, and other dietary supplements). Care should be made to identify and list all the patient’s medications.
GOES with Patient above
3. Identifying and Analyzing Potential Drug-Related Problems: Use the tool to identify potential drug related problems. Responses should be detailed enough to demonstrate the student’s thorough and detailed analysis of the patient’s problems. Use scholarly references to support your findings.
a. Adherence/Non-adherence issues
b. Indications/Therapeutic goals
c. Safety concerns
d. Effectiveness of the medication
4. Developing a Drug-Related Action Plan: The medication-related action plan (MAP) is a patient-centric document containing a list of actions for the patient to use in tracking progress for self-management and shared goals.
5. Formulating an Intervention and/or Referral: The PMHNP provides consultative services and intervenes to address drug-related problems. The PMHNP refers the patient to a physician or other healthcare professional, as needed. Referrals are expected when the patient’s needs are outside of the PMHNPs scope of practice, or the practitioner lacks adequate skills to address them.
6. Include a title page.
7. The paper does not need an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, or conclusion. Students will follow the tool as a guide to structure the paper.
8. Include level 1 headings to organize the paper.
9. As this is a reflective paper,
first person may be used.
10. Include a
minimum of five (5) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).