Behavioral Support Plans
Focus of the Final Paper
Review the Week 3 assignment, “Functional Behavioral Assessment Short Paper,” in which you outlined three challenging behaviors (and a possible function for each behavior) commonly observed in young children. Then, explore the purpose and process of behavior management in a paper in which you:
- Describe the purpose of behavior management in early childhood education settings, including why it is important to think proactively. Integrate the specific challenging behaviors to be detailed in this paper.
- Discuss three strategies teachers may use to determine the functions of challenging behaviors.
- Design an individual support plan for each of the challenging behaviors which includes:
- the possible functions of the behavior
- specific positive behavior supports
- replacement behaviors
- Summarize the role of the teacher in designing and implementing a classroom behavior plan.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.