FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Weighted average cost of capital) The target capital structure for Jowers Manufacturing is 52 percent common stock, 12 percent preferred stock, and 36 percent debt. If the cost of common equity for the firm is 20.8 percent, the cost of preferred stock is 12.5 percent, and the before-tax cost of debt is 10.4 percent, what is Jowers’ cost of capital? The firm’s tax rate is 34 percent.
(Weighted average cost of capital) The target capital structure for QM Industries is 37 percent common stock, 9 percent preferred stock, and 54 percent debt. If the cost of common equity for the firm is 18.6 percent, the cost of preferred stock is 10.6 percent, the before-tax cost of debt is 7.7 percent, and the firm’s tax rate is 35 percent, what is QM’s weighted average cost of capital?
Cost of debt) Sincere Stationery Corporation needs to raise $531,000 to improve its manufacturing plant. It has decide to issue a $1,000 par value bond with an annual coupon rate of 10.1 percent with interest paid semiannually and a 15-year maturity. Investors require a rate of return of 7.7 percent.
- a.Compute the market value of the bonds.
- b. How many bonds will the firm have to issue to receive the needed funds?
- c. What is the firm’s after-tax cost of debt if the firm’s tax rate is 34 percent?
(Cost of common equity) The common stock for the Hetterbrand Corporation sells for $59.17, and the last dividend paid was $2.24. Five years ago the firm paid $1.84 per share, and dividends are expected to grow at the same annual rate in the figure as they did over the past five years.
- What is the estimated cost of common equity to the firm using the dividend growth model? (Round to two decimal places.)
- Hetterbrand’s CFO has asked his financial analyst to estimate the firm’s cost of common equity using the CAPM as a way of validating the earlier calculations. The risk-free rate of interest is currently 4.1 percent, the market risk premium is estimated to be 5.2 percent, and Hetterbrand’s beta is 0.78. What is your estimate of the firm’s cost of common equity using this method? (Round to two decimal places.)
(NPV, PI, and IRR calculations) Fijisawa, Inc. is considering a major expansion of its product line and has estimated the following cash flows associated with such an expansion. The initial outlay would be $1,960,000, and the project would generate cash flows of $380,000 per year for six years. The appropriate discount rate is 3.0 percent.
- a.Calculate the net present value.
- b. Calculate the profitability index.
- c.Calculate the internal rate of return.
- d.Should this project be accepted? Why or why not?
(Common stock valuation) The common stock of NCP paid $1.21 in dividends last year. Dividends are expected to grow at an annual rate of 5.40 percent for an indefinite number of years.
- If your required rate of return is 8.30 percent, what is the value of the stock for you?
- Should you make the investment?