Read the following article on theories and models on social media use by employees:
- Employee Use of Public Social Media: Theories, Constructs, and Conceptual Frameworks
- A New Conflict-Resolution Model to Advance DEI
- Companies are focusing on their sociotechnical constructs and common social media-type platforms to support organizational behavior methodologies. The human–computer interaction (HCI) environment demands that leaders at all company levels develop robust leadership styles and skills to effectively lead organizations using various methods and skills. Human interaction, whether it is face-to-face or virtual, will result in differences of opinion and methods to execute work functions and working relationships.
Given the potential to encounter situations that are subject to diverse opinions and experiences, substantive research is necessary to utilize the tools and processes available to support organizational issue resolution.
Using your research and relevant experience, respond to the following questions:
- According to your research, describe how diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) can be used to resolve existing workplace conflict. Include relevant personal experiences in your response.
- What leadership styles are effective when working through workplace conflict? Include relevant personal leadership experiences in your response.
- How can leadership use DEI to help prevent conflict? Include relevant personal experiences in your response.
- How can technology be used by leaders and teams to effectively resolve conflict?
Include a minimum of 3 references and corresponding citations in your Individual Project each week.