Imagine you work as a case manager at a probation facility. You are training a new case manager on the relationship between sentencing and rehabilitation and how human services plays a role in rehabilitation of justice-involved individuals.
Create an 11- to 18-slide PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes for your trainee. Address the following in your presentation:
- (1 slide) Introduce the topic.
- (2–3 slides) Describe the sentencing process:
- How does the sentencing process make it easier for a justice-involved individual to identify their need for rehabilitation?
- Using examples, how can sentencing persuade individuals into rehabilitation?
- (2–3 slides) Explain what sentencing rehabilitation is.
- Why should sentencing be a part of the rehabilitation process?
- (1–2 slides) Discuss the role of a case manager in the sentencing process and how case managers should refer individuals to rehabilitation or other services when it is needed.
- (1–2 slides) Discuss the role of the probation manager in the sentencing process.
- What is a pre-sentencing report? Who gets it? How is it used?
- (1–2 slides) Explain sentencing’s role in the entire justice process.
- (2–4 slides) Describe 2 evidence-based research studies on a sentencing program or innovative process that supports 1 of the following 4 principles (make sure to define and explain the principle, too):
- (1 slide) Include a slide for resources.