Write an annotation on the following qualitative research article: http://triggered.clockss.org/ServeContent?url=http://archfami.ama-assn.org%2Fcgi%2Freprint%2F2%2F6%2F611.pdf
Provide the reference list entry for the article in APA style followed by a 3 paragraph annotation that include a summary, analysis, and application example.
The questions below can help you produce an appropriate, scholarly summary:
- What is the topic of the source?
- What actions did the author perform within the study and why?
- What were the methods of the author?
- What was the theoretical basis for the study?
- What were the conclusions of the study?
In your analysis, you will want to answer some or all of the following questions:
- Was the research question well framed and significant?
- How well did the authors relate the research question to the existing body of knowledge?
- Did the article make an original contribution to the existing body of knowledge?
- Was the theoretical framework for the study adequate and appropriate?
- Has the researcher communicated clearly and fully?
- Was the research method appropriate?
- Is there a better way to find answers to the research question?
- Was the sample size sufficient?
- Were there adequate controls for researcher bias?
- Is the research replicable?
- What were the limitations in this study?
- How generalizable are the findings?
- Are the conclusions justified by the results?
- Did the writer take into account differing social and cultural contexts?
Finally, the last part of each annotation should justify the source’s use and address how the source might fit into your own research. Consider a few questions:
- How is this source different than others in the same field or on the same topic?
- How does this source inform your future research?
- Does this article fill a gap in the literature?
- How would you be able to apply this method to your area of focus or project?
- Is the article universal?